Pages

Friday, February 1, 2013

You'll Never Walk Alone


Last night and even through today so many of you on the forum were so thoughtful because I wasn’t feeling well.  You have no idea how much that meant to me! There was a time in my life when I felt as if I was walking a path alone.  Not so much in life but in my dreams.  I remember a statement made to me once that was spoken in a moment of hurt, but left a scar.  I was told “you’ve never had anything, done anything and you never will.”  Wow!  Really?  Sometimes those closest to you can’t seem to catch a glimpse of what we see deep inside.  So we feel as if we set out on a journey all alone towards that proverbial “something” that drives us.  I’ve read so many of your posts and it seems you too have walked a solitary path at times.  Not that we haven’t been loved, just haven’t been understood at times.   But what I have discovered through all the amazing posts from this community is that we are not alone!  We do not walk this path alone!  Never again will we walk our paths alone.  Our lives are forever changed because our paths crossed each other at a providential time for all of us.  I am not a big believer in coincidences, but I do believe in providence, in fate.  Everything happens for a reason, every encounter has purpose and there are no accidents.  The other night I was overwhelmed at your response to my blog post “Silence”.  As each of you came forward encouraging me and cheering me on, it brought back a sweet childhood memory for me.  Some of you might have the same memory.  Every Labor Day the annual Jerry Lewis Telethon for Muscular Dystrophy would come on TV.  I can recall many years that I would want to stay up all night long and watch every moment and even a few years when I did!  This is the way I feel about reading the posts each day on our TC journal!  I don’t want to miss a thing.  You inspire me so much.  As I thought about the telethon, the grandest portion of the program is the finale when Jerry sings “You’ll Never Walk Alone.”  As I reminisced about these moments, I went to You Tube and found the final telecast of the telethon last year and watched Jerry speak from his heart and try to sing his famous rendition.  He had masterfully bellowed out the words to this song for 59 years, but on that final night, he was broken, overwhelmed and moved to the point the words would not come – that is until they found sweet harmony with the beautiful melody of tears flowing like a fountain from the river of the deepest expression of his heart.  Tonight as I think about those words, I am enveloped by their message as it seems to be the message of this journey that we all have embarked on….

When you walk through a storm
Keep your chin up high
And don't be afraid of the dark.
At the end of the storm
Is a golden sky
And the sweet silver song of a lark.

Walk on through the wind,
Walk on through the rain,
Tho' your dreams be tossed and blown.

Walk on, walk on
With hope in your heart
And you'll never walk alone,
You'll never walk alone. 

This journey of ours is becoming more amazing with each day and the realization as we walk towards our goals that we are not alone is comforting, inspiring, encouraging, motivating and revealing. Not only are we not alone through the remainder of this ninety day challenge, but even more we will never walk alone again – we are “blood brothers and sisters” in a fraternity of winners forever transformed, forever changed and motivated to be not just transformed but transformers!